Do you clearly know your own anatomy? Some of these vagina facts may surprise you!
12 vagina facts
- The vagina itself is an elastic-muscular tube inside the body. All the rest (the large and small labia, the clitoris, and the opening of the urethra) we call vulva.
- It is normal if your labia is asymmetric. Most women have the same.
- The color of the vulva can vary. For example, it changes with age, and even with the phase of the cycle. In addition, it does not correlate with the color of the skin at all.
- Hair in intimate areas has no practical use nowadays, unlike it was before the invention of underwear. Previously, that hair created additional protection from external bacteria and internal secretions.
- One of the main vagina facts is that an average size of the vagina is 7 to 12 cm. Therefore, an average vagina is smaller than an average penis. But it is well extensible, especially in an excited state.
- Vagina, like any muscle, needs constant training. To keep it toned, try special exercises.
- The walls of the vagina are closed in a calm state. But they easily move apart when you insert a tampon, or have sex.
- You cannot lose anything inside. In fact, you can remove any object without the help of a gynecologist within 7-13 cm.
- The existence of so-called point G has not been confirmed by any scientific research.
- Your vagina is naturally filled with bacteria.
- Vagina is a self-cleaning organ. However, if the color, odor or volume of secretions has changed markedly in a short period, better visit your gynecologist.
- In addition, the smell of the genitals can change throughout the cycle. At the beginning, your vagina usually smells quite neutral. Then, closer to ovulation, its smell becomes very specific, and after ovulation gets more acidic. Also, the natural lubricant has its own flavor.