We all want to live as long as possible (if not in depression, of course). So, we picked these 16 extending life tips for you.
Surely, having the right genes increases your chances of longevity. Although you cannot control genetics, there are plenty of things you can do to increase the probability of celebrating your 100th birthday. According to studies, longevity is linked to your diet, lifestyle, and mental attitude, in particular.
Extending life tips (no creepy stuff!)
- Lean on vegetables and fruits. According to a study conducted for 14 years, men who ate a lot of fruits and veggies had a 70% lower risk of having gastrointestinal tract cancer.
- Never skip breakfast. Because longevity depends on a healthy weight, too. And it is much easier to maintain a healthy weight having breakfast. The study proving that involved more than 2,000 people.
- Eat tomatoes. Seems like tomatoes may reduce the risk of certain cancers. For example, prostate cancer risk may be reduced by 34%.
- Apples are good, too. First of all, because eating apples helps to lose excess weight. In addition, apples are full of antioxidants, thus reducing the risk of cancer.
- Eat fish at least once a week. Adding tuna or salmon to your diet helps prevent heart disease.
- Order pizza on a thin dough. Thus you consume less calories, and maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat cherries before bedtime. One of the extending life tips that may seem a bit creepy, but still. Cherries contain a lot of melatonin. It promotes healthy sleep, that is good for your health.
- One banana a day keeps the doctor away. Because bananas contain potassium that helps reduce pressure.
Take vitamin E and aspirin daily.
Scientists have found that the combination of antioxidants and anticoagulants can reduce the formation of arterial plaques by up to 80% and prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Brush your teeth with a dry brush. This may seem unusual, but cleaning your teeth with a dry brush makes benefits to your teeth and gums.
- Set the rear view mirror 5 cm higher. Because then you will have to straighten your back, thus reducing the risk of having spine problems.
- Exercise to fight depression. Just half an hour of physical activity reduces stress. Not to mention other benefits.
- Have a breath after learning new. A 10-minute rest after gaining new knowledge helps to fix it better. And mental activity leads to longevity, too.
- Work a little harder. According to a unique study lasting for 80 years, men with higher salary live 10 years longer and fall ill less often than others.
- Invest in your marriage. Because unhappy marriage reduces your life by 4 years!
- Get involved in charity. Mortality among men engaged in voluntary social activities is 50% less.