Avoiding illnesses is easier than you think. We are always reminding you of the benefits of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but there are also some tips to stay away from being sick that may surprise you.
Maybe you know people who never get ill, even when everyone coughs all around. Usually the main reason is strong immunity, and these tips will help you have one!
Avoiding illnesses is easy!
- Rely on vitamin C. Vitamin C seems to work good even on some types of cancer. Also, it is surely the main weapon against flu and cold. So, as soon as you feel that the infection is approaching, take a supplement, or eat more vitamin C containing foods. It really helps in avoiding illnesses!
- Avoid dehydration. In fact, your need for liquid depends on your diet, the climate in a place you live, your age, and your condition. Anyway, try to drink as much water as you can. Also, you can count how many times you urinate daily, and thus find out if you drink enough or not. Normally, a healthy person must do it at least five times a day. In addition, pay attention to the color of urine. The darker it is, the more water you need.
- Get enough sleep. To keep your immune system going, you need to sleep about 8 to 10 hours every day. According to studies, those who sleep less are at a 30% higher risk of getting flu.
- Learn to cope with stress. It’s hard to believe, but many diseases are linked to your state of mind. Therefore, you really can get sick when you are nervous.
- Become a maniac of clean hands. Avoiding illnesses is much easier when you avoid bacteria, too. So, wash your hands often.
- Brush your teeth wisely. Brushing your teeth more than twice a day is too much. So, better do that twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, using dental floss in between if needed. And brush your teeth for two minutes, that will be quite enough.
- Go to the gym. Because regular exercise boosts your immunity, thus helping avoiding illnesses