Building lean muscle is not just about proper exercise. So, we picked some tips and tricks to help you maintain muscle mass. And these tips are far beyond strength training!
Even if you are not a bodybuilder, building lean muscle promotes calorie burn and makes you look much better. Then, why not give it a try?
Building lean muscle: out of the gym
- Eat more frequently. That means you should eat up to eight times a day, or about every two hours.
- Eat enough. Because your body needs enough calories to support your fitness goals.
- Add more protein. Protein is critical for building muscle mass. Particularly, eat it right after strength training.
- Avoid stress. First of all, it increases certain hormones causing fat gain. In addition, when stressed you may not enjoy working out.
- Get more sleep. Because only when you sleep your body recovers properly. So, if you are suffering from insomnia or other sleep disorders, try to find a remedy.
Building lean muscle: in the gym
- Weight train 3 to 6 days a week. Obviously, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. Then, the more calories you burn, the more you can eat without gaining fat. So, use it!
- Do not skip cardio. First of all, cardio workouts help increase blood flow and nutrient delivery to your muscles. Also, cardio helps your body burn fuel more efficiently.
- Take rest days. Try not to train the same muscles every day, and do not overtrain in general. Muscle needs time to recover. On rest days you may try stretching or yoga.