Buying medicines online could be safe or not, depending on your needs, and on how and where you shop. We do not recommend to do it at all. On the other side, in some cases it’s the only way to maintain health. So, here are some tips that will help you to protect yourself when buying drugs over the internet.
The risks of buying medicines online
- Some websites sell potentially dangerous drugs: unapproved, or containing the wrong active ingredient, or too much or too little of the active ingredient.
- It’s unsafe to take some medicines without taking a health check and consulting a doctor about the proper dosage first.
- Some online pharmacies are not able to protect your personal information.
- An extremely low price can be a bad sign. So, think twice if you are offered to pay $5 for a drug that you normally buy for $100.
Briefly, buying prescription and over-the-counter medicines on the internet in most cases means you don’t know what you’re getting exactly. Therefore, be careful.
Are there any ways to choose the right shop?
Fortunately, yes! There are many websites that operate legally, sell safe and approved drugs, and offer privacy.
Here are some tips to choose the right one:
- First of all, legal pharmacies are licensed.
- In addition, they provide all the contact information needed.
- Usually they have a licensed pharmacist to answer your questions.
- They also provide full information on every drug available.
- The prices are not too low.
More tips on buying medicines online:
- Know your medicines.
- Before buying for the first time, on internet or not, talk to a professional.
- Google if you need to know more.
- Contact the site if you’ve got questions.
- Don’t provide personal information unless you are sure the site will protect them.
- Check the appearance of the drug shipped, and the labels.
- Follow the instructions.
- Call your doctor in case of any side effects.
And stay healthy!