We are sure everyone who is on diet needs cheat days. But to do it right you also need to know the main cheat day rules!
The main reason cheat days are good is because the body often adapts to the low calories intake by burning fewer of them. Therefore, a break from a low-calorie diet can interrupt this slowdown.
Cheat day rules to help you lose weight
- Do not cheat too often. You may try it once a week, or once a month, depending on your diet and your physical activity.
- Plan your cheat day. If you do it spontaneously, you may overdo.
- Include all special occasions, like weddings, in your plan. Why not cheat when celebrating something?
- Hit the gym before or after you cheat.
- Enjoy it. Your cheat day may not only help you lose weight, but also boost your mind.
- Never feel guilty. The main of cheat day rules is that it is a part of your healthy lifestyle.
- Eat what you love. Choose a restaurant that fits you most.
- Throw away all that cheat food the next day. Remember that your normal diet should be as healthy as possible.
Cheat day’s dos and don’ts
When cheating prefer foods high in carbs. Because carbohydrates have the greatest influence on leptin levels, which help you burn fat and feel satisfied. Also, always add proteins. In addition, on your cheat days you can consume more fats than usual.
What to eat? Here are some examples:
- sushi and rolls
- steak with potatoes
- pasta with meatballs or ragout
What NOT to eat? Better skip these:
- all greasy dishes
- junk food such as cheeseburgers and fries
- too sugary desserts
First of all, keep in mind that even a cheat meal should be nutrient rich!