This time we wanna help you to improve your digestive system that affects the whole body. These digestive health tips are not only about nutrition, although food is the main thing in your GI system. Let’s start!
Key tips to improve your digestive health
- Choose the best foods. That means fresh, seasonal, high quality, and better organic.
- Probiotic-rich fermented foods are the must. Because they add healthy microflora to your intestines and balance your inner ecosystem.
- Chew thoroughly. It makes digestion easier when food reaches your stomach.
- Eat on schedule. It will keep your digestive system in top shape.
- Don’t underestimate hydration. Less carbonated and sugary drinks, less coffee and alcohol, and more water.
- Pay attention to your stool. It should occur at least once per day.
- Everyone needs detox sometimes. Try colon hydrotherapy.
- Don’t hesitate to consult your doctor. Even headaches and skin eruptions could be symptoms of bad digestive health.
- Avoid smoking. Cigarettes often lead to stomach ulcers.
- Exercise. First of all, regular physical activity helps to keep foods moving through your digestive system, reducing constipation. In addition, it helps to maintain healthy weight.
List of foods good for your digestive health
- leafy greens;
- fruits (particularly citrus ones);
- cranberry and raspberry;
- whole grains;
- brown rice;
- nuts and seeds;
- lean meat and poultry;
- dairy high in probiotics;
- spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, fennel, ginger, mint);
- olive oil;
What about weight?
In conclusion we’d like to notice that maintaining healthy weight is not just about the beauty. Excess fat boosts your chances of premature death, as well as developing heart disease, cancer, or diabetes.
Seems like the problem is solved easily with the diet. According to science, some foods may actually help target your tummy fat. They are olive oil, olives, avocados, dark chocolate, sunflower oil, nuts and seeds, brown rice and oatmeal. Therefore choose these foods and enjoy being healthy!