Your liver is a key to your digestive system health, and your health in general. Therefore, healthy liver is a must. Treat it right, and it will do its job in a perfect way! What kind of job? For example, the liver is responsible for cleaning the blood, for breaking down fats from foods, and for storing glucose in order to give you energy boost when needed.
Keeping your liver healthy: easy tips
As with any other organ, to keep your liver healthy you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips:
- Avoid excess alcohol. Because it damages liver cells and often leads to cirrhosis.
- For healthy liver eat healthy food. The list of the best foods is below.
- Drink coffee. Surprisingly, it can lower your risk of getting liver disease.
- Exercise regularly. Keeping your weight under control helps prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Take medicines responsibly. Certain drugs may have side effects that cause liver problems.
- Learn how to prevent viral hepatitis. Ask your doctor how to cut the risks. In addition, better get tested.
Healthy liver: superfoods
So, the best foods for the healthy liver are:
- Beetroot. Beets can improve the overall functions of the liver.
- Leafy greens. For example, spinach and lettuce. They help neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides in foods, thus protecting liver.
- Avocados. Because they help liver in filtering bad stuff.
- Brussels sprouts and broccoli. First of all, eating them helps create enzyme production for better digestion.
- Citrus fruits. One of the reasons we are in love with citrus fruits is that they are good for the liver. They are high in vitamin C, and they help cleanse out toxins.
- Walnuts. Mostly because of glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids in them.
- Garlic. First of all, because of allicin and selenium.
- Green tea. Its antioxidants improve liver function.
- Coffee. It lowers the risk of getting liver disease, as written above.
- Water. Just because water is life.