Good sex makes you smile, and can make you feel loved. Actually, healthy sex life brings more benefits, affecting your health in a positive way, too. For example, there are studies proving that it lowers blood pressure. Here is the fuller list!
Healthy sex life benefits
- It boosts your immune system. According to the studies, sexually active people take fewer sick days. Just don’t forget it also needs enough sleep, good foods, and exercise.
- It even reduces risk of angina and ulcer! Especially if your are a man, the study says.
- Sex lessens pain. So, try an orgasm before aspirin.
- It is also good for your heart. As well as exercise. Anyway, some studies show that the average peak heart rate at orgasm is the same as during light exercise. Even more, it lowers heart attack risk.
- And, yes, it lowers your blood pressure. In fact, even hugs do!
- Healthy sex life reduces stress. It helps to feel relaxed, just as meditation or sports. There are studies that prove it.
- And improves sleep. The reason of post-coital sleepiness is the release of hormone prolactin after orgasm.
- People who have regular sex feel healthier in general. There’s a link between this kind of activity and your sense of well-being.
- It counts as exercise! Having sex your body uses fore more calories than watching TV. Sexual activity involves various muscles and bumps up your heart rate.
Probably the most surprising healthy sex life benefit is that it may make prostate cancer less likely. Learn more about the study here.
Is your sex life healthy?
Here are some signs that it is:
- You like having sex with your partner.
- You feel free to share your sexual hopes with him or her.
- It is okay for you to schedule time for sex sometimes.
- But you are not counting how often you have it.
- You feel good about your body.
Maybe sex cannot be always as passionate, intense, and frequent, as it was in the beginning. Actually, there is no right or wrong way to be sexual. Just be sexual and take the benefits of healthy sex life!