You know almost everything about proper dental care, but still have problems with your teeth? Here are most important healthy teeth tips to make you smile. The thing is to start taking care right from the birth and never stop thinking of how wide your smile is. One day you’ll be the best looking 100 year old fellow!
Healthy teeth tips for the whole family
The ways to keep teeth strong and good looking are simple. Even if you’ve got bad heredity (maybe that matters), fortunately, now the medicine does its best. Other common healthy teeth tips are:
- Start from the childhood. Dental care should begin as soon as a child’s first tooth appears.
- Never forget health checks. Visit your dentist at least once a year (better twice), no matter how old you are, and how good your teeth appear.
- Brush and floss. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- Change your toothbrush regularly. About 3 to 4 times a year is enough.
- Rinse your mouth after meals. Use an antibacterial rinse recommended by your doctor.
- Eat smart. We’ll tell about most useful foods for your teeth too.
- Avoid sugar. The worst choices are sugary carbonated drinks and sticky candies.
- Smoking affects your teeth. Try to stop.
Dental care when getting older
If you don’t want to put your teeth in a glass beside your bed at night, follow these simple healthy teeth tips as you get older:
- reduce sugar intake even more;
- use a softer toothbrush;
- visit your dentist twice more often then you got used to;
- ask him how to avoid grinding and clenching.
Foods: good and bad ones
These foods are good for your teeth:
- water (especially fluoridated water);
These ones you should avoid:
- coffee and tea;
- red wine;
- ice that you chew;
- sugar containing foods and sugary drinks;
- sticky and crunchy foods.