Erectile dysfunction affects millions, and almost half of men over age 75 have experienced it. Fortunately, besides well-known magic pills, impotence natural remedies also do exist. In fact, the best decision is to combine them. Anyway, this post is about natural remedies. But first…
ED most important facts
- Most common impotence causes include relationship problems, stress and anxiety, fatigue, smoking, alcohol addiction, obesity, and certain medical conditions.
- Particularly, you are more likely to have erectile dysfunction if you already have enlarged prostate gland, heart disease, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson’s disease.
- ED is diagnosed only when erection problems last for more than at least a month.
Impotence natural remedies and tips
- Moderate exercising heals. In case of ED as well.
- Maintaining healthy weight. In many cases just losing excess weight helps overcome erection problems.
- Quitting smoking. And avoiding alcohol, too.
- Also try to change your diet plan. If it’s not healthy enough, of course. Tips are common: more fruits and veggies, more fish and whole grains, less meat and sugar. Add pomegranate juice: they say it helps.
- Herbal supplements. No guarantee at all, but why not give a try? Above all, people are talking about “herbal Viagra” (so-called panax ginseng) and dietary supplements with dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).
- And zinc supplements. No evidence it really helps, but it’s good for your health in general anyway.
- Monitor your medications. Some may have certain side effects causing ED. Particularly, pay special attention to antidepressants, high blood pressure, heart and cholesterol meds, diuretics, hormone and anti-psychotic drugs, chemotherapy meds you are taking.
- Acupuncture. This treatment has potential and may work for you
If nothing natural helps, ask your doctor for specific prescription pills. But mind possible side effects, and the fact that most men who had a stroke, or who have diabetes or low blood pressure should not take Viagra or analogues.