Suffering from back pain? Fortunately, you can treat it even without taking drugs! We picked the best of natural back pain remedies, so you can choose the right one for you, both safe and effective.
Natural back pain remedies A to Z
- Acupuncture. Putting needles in your skin may sound quite scary. But this kind of therapy really works, especially for chronic back pain.
- Aquatic therapy. Physical therapy in a pool uses the resistance of the water, and helps alleviate lower back pain, also in pregnant women.
- Manual therapy. According to studies, taking osteopathic manual therapy (OMT) for about three months leads to 30% reduction in pain level.
- Massage. Take it weekly, and you will feel the difference just in couple of months.
- Meditation. Because it reduces chronic pain, science says.
- Natural painkillers. For example, such as turmeric root or devil’s claw root orally, or skin cream with comfrey extract.
- Pilates. Because it works as a great workout, and also deceases pain.
- Stretching. An hour several times a week is perfect.
- Warm bath. Just soak in warm water to alleviate muscle pain.
- Yoga. According to studies, one yoga class a week for three months will help a lot.
- Limit bed rest. It may sound strange, but the more active you are, the less pain you feel.
- Maintain good posture. Because most people have poor posture, thus putting unnecessary strain on their backs.
- Try talk therapy. First of all, because back pain is often linked to depression and anxiety. In addition, your emotional state affects your perception of pain.