There are plenty of health benefits of being beside the river, the sea, or the ocean. Now it’s scientifically proven that the sea can benefit health. So, pack your backpack and move closer to the water!
Just a couple of privileges you’ll get:
- Nutritional properties. You’ll eat the best fish and seafood for dinner. We already told how it affects your well-being.
- Relaxation. The sound of waves changes wave patterns in the brain lulling you into a deeply relaxed state.
- Career. Not the kind of The Big Boss one. The thing is that relaxation inspires creative thinking and promotes compassionate thinking.
Some more examples of how the sea can benefit health:
- More physical activity. Studies suggest that living by the beach leads to a healthier lifestyle.
- Better sleep. Mostly because of the fresh air.
- Better skin. Proper dosages of UV light is a common treatment for certain skin problems, including psoriasis.
- Better respiratory system. Those suffering from asthma, bronchitis, coughing, and sinus pressure will surely appreciate breathing fresh, salt air.
- Better health in general. Particularly, the sun positively affects our endocrine system. Extra Vitamin D improves autoimmune protection, increases endorphins, lowers the risk of cancer, and enhances bone health.
Anyway, the age-old wisdom that staying near the water, especially at the seaside or beside the ocean, is good for your health may be true. More and more studies prove it. It is quite possible that those living closest to the coast are just wealthier and therefore have better access to health care, but the researchers have found no relevance.