When talking about skin care we usually remember cosmetics and maybe some good-for-your-skin foods. Here are skin health tips that will remind you of other factors that affect on human skin and prevent it from aging.
Skin health tips for women
- Use serum. It’s one of the most common skin health tips that’s often skipped by those who think using serum and cream together is “too much”. The right decision is to use only serum.
- Exfoliate well. Use usual scrubs rarely and/or alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) daily.
- Remove makeup before bed. Your mom told you so, right? Probably she didn’t tell you that there are no excuses (like “I’m too tired” or “I’m too drunk”) for leaving makeup and dirt on your precious skin.
- Clean your makeup brushes. A British study found that 72% of women never wash their brushes and sponges that collect dirt and bacteria. Wash loose powder brushes twice a month and sponges for foundation once a week.
Skin health tips for both
- Always use sunscreen. Yes, even when it rains. And yes, in winter too. Did you know that 90% of wrinkles are caused by sun exposure?
- Clean your smartphone screen. iPhone can get more germ-infested than a public toilet.
- Keep hands off your face. It was one of the first skin health tips parents taught us and the best advise.
- No more french fries. According to research, a diet high in fats and carbohydrates makes your skin wrinkled sooner.
- Eat broccoli and oranges instead. Half a cup of raw broccoli contains 65% of your daily value of vitamin C.
- Add nuts to your daily menu. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, brazil nuts are full of selenium, macadamias provide high quality oils and fatty acids.
- Avoid too much dairy. Stick to skimmed milk.
You like this advice, right? Resveratrol and polyphenol in red grape prevent lines, wrinkles and sagging. But don’t overdo.
- Drink water. It’s a common tip based on hundreds of studies. Water helps to clear toxins, assists in transporting nutrients and oxygen to skin cells and prevents dehydration that causes premature aging.
- Quit smoking. It’s obviously bad for your health and you can’t imagine how it affects on your skin. Visible result comes just in a month!
- Sleep better and more. And choose the right pillow that will help you look younger.