Do you need to exercise for weight loss? Definitely yes! But what is the bare minimum of weight loss exercises, and which are the best to get you to your weight goals? Let’s observe.
The study we love
According to a new study made at the University of Copenhagen, half an hour daily exercising is enough to lose weight. Even more, it’s better than an hour! Daily workout burning about 300 calories was found to be the most effective for losing weight.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate activity per week. It includes five 30-minute exercise sessions.
In fact, it’s obvious that any amount of weight loss exercises is better than nothing.
The best weight loss exercises
Weight loss is about creating a calorie deficit, or burning more calories than you take in. So, here are some ways to:
- power walking;
- elliptical training;
- any other cardio, or aerobic exercise;
Here you can find some exercises.
Keep in mind that working out is not enough for weight loss. And it’s not an excuse to eat whatever you want.
Other weight loss tips
For many of us it is much easier not to eat calories than to burn them. And, unfortunately, it’s much easier to lose weight than to keep it off. Here are some easy steps that will lead to success:
- If you are a beginner, start with 50 minutes of exercise a week. Then work up to 200 minutes weekly.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Starting with six days a week of aerobic exercises is a mistake.
- Be active all day long. Take a walk instead of taking a taxi.
- Mind the calories intake. You should know that it’s easier to control it when you cook. Save eating out for special occasions.