Did you know that the average American eats at McDonalds more than 1,800 times in his (or her, yep, they counted you all) life? Here are some surprising facts about health and habits, that could probably affect your lifestyle. Some funny, some scary, some just amazing!
Funny surprising facts
- banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour;
- 25% to 33% of the population sneeze when they are exposed to light;
- you burn more calories while sleeping than you do while watching TV;
- we are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening;
- your feet can grow as you get older;
- men have more blood than women;
- women and men have similar sexual fantasies;
- an average person eats about 60,000 pounds of food in a lifetime, that is compared to 6 elephants’ weight.
Scary surprising facts
- there are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world;
- high heels over 1.5 inches could lead to broken and twisted ankles and knees;
- human body can survive around seven days without food and not more than three days without water;
- about 16 Canadians have their appendices removed, when not required, daily.
Just to remind
- people who laugh a lot are much healthier than those who don’t;
- of the 206 bones in the average human adult’s body, 106 are in the hands and feet;
- the human brain stops growing at the age of 18;
- women handle the cold worse than men;
- stress can affect the way your immune system works.
Your heart can surprise you too
Did you know, for example, that the number of heart attack peaks on Christmas?
- your heart size is the same as both your hands clasped together;
- the heart beats about 100,000 times a day;
- a woman’s heartbeat is faster than a man’s;
- coffee drinkers’ heart rhythm is better.